Triangle Vegetarian Society
We're Getting a New Logo!
We are hoping to have a streamlined website redesign in 2008 and were very lucky, on December 6, 2007, to win a free logo design by the kind folks at LogoBee.com. Our current logo (shown at right) harkens back to the days when we had a hardcopy newsletter called "The Grapevine".
Below are some designs, including what they would look like reduced and photocopied in grayscale, that we are considering - please feel free to send
any feedback to Dilip. (Samples, or logos that you know and that move you - positively
negatively - may inspire some additional ideas.)
Some design ideas that we have put forward include:
- Concepts: green, environment, good-for-you, good-for-others,
ahimsa, ethics, compassion, animals, world
- Should portray a friendly invitation to folks with any interest in
vegetarianism/ethics/environment, non-judgement, openness to
children, adults, the elderly, focus on plant-based diets
- Not too literal; symbolism that can encompass holism, gentleness,
peace, ethics, food, sustainability, and of course our mission as described at
- Something that is timeless, elegant, soft, and memorable with some
significant abstraction grounded to perhaps concrete text; artistic and
identifiable, unique and strong, not something too traditional or "inflexible"
- T, V, and S, our initials, of course, should be a focus; it's long,
it could easily include trianglevegsociety.org, that would be great - but
not if it detracts from an elegant design; soft, rounded fonts are great -
as are handwritten/brush-stroke ones
- Should look good at various sizes, in full color and in B+W
Please feel free to send
any feedback to Dilip.
Logos shown here are all drafts. These logos and design ideas are the property of LogoBee and posted with their permission. All Rights Reserved.